June 28, 2017
Wayne County Children’s Advocacy Center, Inc. (WCCAC) is an independent nonprofit organization looking to fill the part-time job opportunity of Coordinator of Case Management. The WCCAC is a child-oriented facility, which serves as a centralized location for interviewing and examining children who are victims of sexual abuse. The children are interviewed by specially trained forensic interviewers in a child-friendly environment and the medical exams are performed by specially trained medical personnel. The cases are managed by a multidisciplinary task force comprised of those interviewers, county prosecutors, law enforcement officers, mental health workers, victim advocates, medical professionals and clinical staff. Members of the task force team help the child and family cope with the abuse and begin the recovery process.
The Coordinator of Case Management works with local agency and service providers to facilitate investigations, medical and treatment referrals, and ongoing legal proceedings to support child victims of sexual abuse and their non-offending caregivers. The professional is responsible for assisting with on-call duties, maintaining client records, case tracking, and providing assistance with appropriate grant documentation. Additional responsibilities include supporting the general day-to-day activities of the WCCAC as well as promoting and advocating for the programs offered through the center.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field, plus two years of experience in working with children and families.
- Working knowledge, experience, and expertise in child sexual abuse, physical abuse and family violence.
- Skill in networking between agencies and professionals.
- Good organizational and writing skills.
- Successful completion of a background check.